One Piece of Litter at a Time
As we know, Norbury is our vibrant and diverse community in South London. It is home to people from all walks of life, and it is a place where people are proud to live. However, like many other London communities.. and as we know, Norbury has a litter problem !
Litter is unsightly, it can be dangerous, and it can have a negative impact on the environment. It can also make people feel unsafe and unwelcome.
The good news is that there is something that everyone can do to help reduce litter in Norbury. It doesn't take much effort. Just one piece of litter at a time can make a big difference.
You can help and it will just take a moment of your time.
The next time you see litter on the street, take a moment to pick it up and put it in your bin or recycling. It doesn't matter if it's a small piece of litter or a large one. Every little bit helps.
By taking just one piece of litter a day, you can help to make Norbury a cleaner and more beautiful place to live. You can also help to protect the environment and make a difference in the world, starting locally, right here !
Here are some tips for picking up litter:
- Just next to your driveway, you will most likely find litter. Just pick it up and put it in your recycling. You will make your street a bit nicer !
- Carry a small bag or container with you when you go out, so you can take some litter to bring back home.
- Be prepared for all types of litter. But two easy ones are plastic or paper (that you can put in your recycling.)
- If you see a large amount of litter, report it to the council. (via the Love Clean Street App)
- By taking just a few minutes to pick up litter, you can make a big difference in your community.